THE RUGBY FACTION OF TENNESSEE
THE WILLIAM HENRY GILLIAT FAMILY
During the seventeen and eighteen hundreds there was an accepted practice among wealthy families known as 'primogeniture' (new word for the day) whereby all the wealth of the family was left to the eldest son. They were hard times and financial strength and ownership of land did much to guarantee the survival, and even the prosperity of the family and its name. It also assured that the fortunes of the family were not split up, and diluted among the usual large number of children that comprised most families of the day, but rather, it was kept intact in the hands of the eldest son. The other sons generally received some education but were often left on their own. If the junior siblings were really fortunate the family would buy a commission in the army or find a comfortable parish along with a modest stipend in which he could live a gentleman's life while preaching a little on Sundays. In the meantime the girls had little to look forward to but hope to find a good marriage in which case a dowry was bound to help find the suitable match. It was not that the rest of the family was abandoned but help only would come if it did not endanger the position of the family and its leader.
Many of the younger members, of families with money, were given an education, which was a rare commodity outside of moneyed circles. In many ways it was a great waste of talent that many young educated men, and some women, were left to their own resources and regardless of their talents were never given any priority over the heir of the estate, often living the life of idle gentlemen.
A famous author and philosopher of the day, Tom Hughes, was very much aware of the situation and he spent a great deal of money and a lot of time promoting what he intended to be a utopia and a new home for the 'Second Sons of the landed Gentry of Britain'. Tom Hughes had earned fame as an author of a series of books the most famous of which was
'Tom Brown's School Days'.
On October 5th 1880 he dedicated the new colony of Rugby, in Tennessee as the site of his noble experiment in social living. It was to be a place where those who wished could build a strong agricultural community through cooperative enterprise, while maintaining a cultured, Christian lifestyle, free of the rigid class distinction that prevailed in Britain. The town site and surrounding lands were chosen because the newly built Cincinnati-Southern Railroad had completed a line to Chattanooga opening up land on the Cumberland Plateau.
During the 1880's Rugby both flourished and floundered, attracting wide spread attention on two continents and hundreds of hopeful settlers from both Britain and other parts of America. By 1884 Hughes vision seemed bent on becoming a thriving reality. An English agriculturist had been employed to help train the colonists. Some 70 graceful Victorian Buildings had been constructed on the town site, and over three hundred residents enjoyed the rustic yet culturally refined atmosphere of this 'New Jerusalem'. Literary societies and drama clubs were established. Lawn tennis grounds were laid out and used frequently. Colonists visitors enjoyed rugby football, horseback riding, croquet and swimming in clear flowing rivers surrounding the town site. The Grand Tabard Inn, named for Chaucer's Canterbury Tales, soon became the social center of the colony. And so it went as can be seen with the material attached. (From reading the material it seemed to me that everything was thought of but work and occupation of the colonists)
2ND GEN. WILLIAM HENRY GILLIAT 1801-1853 mar ELIZABETH AUGUSTA CROSBIE. Children of WILLIAM GILLIAT and ELIZABETH CROSBIE are:
WILLIAM HENRY GILLIAT b 1830-1898
HORACE GILLIAT b 1836-1875
JULIA KIRTON GILLIAT b 1838 m J. DOWIE
CECIL GILLIAT 1845
PERCY GILLIAT 1852-1876 Birkenhead
William Henry Gilliat born in 1801 the second son of John Gilliat who was by now a very successful and rich, merchant banker in London. William was to receive a good education, as was the tradition of the family, and as a young man he found himself sent to Liverpool to supervise the trading business of the family firm. Of particular concern was the trade with Virginia where, at the time of his death in 1810, his uncle Thomas Gilliat had made a fortune. William was still only nine years old at the time of his uncles death, so the family sent a cousin who was also named 'William Henry Gilliat' and a son of Richard Gilliat of Lincolnshire. Meanwhile William was to learn the mercantile business and was to spend many years between Virginia and Liverpool making numerous crossings of the Atlantic.
Eventually he married a beautiful young lady by the name of Elizabeth Augusta Crosby. They had five children who were raised in a most comfortable environment for the day and one that reflected the wealth and position of the family and the financial strength of the John Kirton Gilliat Company.
3RD GEN. CECIL GILLIAT (1827) married ELIZA ALLMAN and had a daughter, Edith Constance, and two sons, Reginald and Cecil, both of whom were later killed in the First World War.
REGINALD GILLIAT d 1914 Killed WWII
CECIL GILLIAT d 1915 Killed WWII
EDITH CONSTANCE GILLIAT
3RD GEN. WILLIAM HENRY GILLIAT 1830-1898 mar 1851 ELLEN McDANIELS 1838, 1906 both are buried in Rugby Ten. Children of WILLIAM GILLIAT and ELLEN McDANIELS are:
WILLIAM HENRY GILLIAT 1861-1884 d 1898 Remained in England
CLARA GILLIAT 1875-1964
VIVIAN GILLIAT Sep 24 1875 - Jan 16 1961 Dayton Ohio, Rugby Cemetery Ten
BESSIE GILLIAT 1882-1897 Rugby Cemetery Ten
LEILA GILLIAT 1883-1906 Rugby Cemetery Ten
The first son born to William Henry and Elizabeth Crosbie was also named William Henry but was known as Harry. He also was educated and raised in the mercantile business and was well acquainted with the ocean crossings to Virginia. The Gilliat Co. had diversified its trade and had been deeply involved in the supply of materials for the American Civil War. The Gilliat Company had brokered the majority of the American tobacco exports in a financial coupe with the Thompson Tobacco Company of Richmond at the onset of the fighting. Meantime they had turned to Costa Rican coffee as a major alternative and were ever looking to open new areas of business. William, as did his father, remained established in charge of the Liverpool branch of the company, but still traveled frequently to the USA where the company maintained strong ties with their tobacco and other business. While on one of the business trips he met Ellen McDaniels a young lady from Clarksville, Tennessee and they were married. They lived at a Birkenhead address, 8 Farm Road, Oxten, Birkenhead, near Liverpool and were to raise a family of seven children. Even so they frequently traveled together and it was said that Ellen made six crossings of the Atlantic during her lifetime.
It is not known what motivated 'Harry' William Henry Jr. to make such a drastic change in his life but no doubt his American wife had much influence and for sure she would have found life among the English gentry very constraining compared to her free young life in Tennessee. For whatever reason, in 1876 they decided to move from the social graces of Birkenhead to the frontiers of Minnesota and the Dakotas of The United States of America. It is known that William settled on a farm with his family near Moorhead, (near is relative and in frontier distances could have been a hundred miles) Moorhead, Minnesota, which is on the east side of the Red River is located across the river from Fargo, North, Dakota. (My father in law, James Lowe told the story of when, as a little boy, he moved to Canada by train from the Dakotas. He recalled they stayed overnight on the train in Fargo, which was a 'dry town'. Across the river was a different story and apparently Moorhead specialized in accommodating all the frailties of frontier life in a big way.)
Again we understand that William lived and farmed in Minnesota for about eight years and on learning of the work of Thomas Hughes at Rugby, Tennessee, moved his family to participate in this Utopian project. There is some interesting data that causes one to speculate.
In the Minnesota Land Records there is record of a transaction involving five parcels of land in the Alexandria administrative district, which includes Moorhead and points southeast toward Minneapolis. The five parcels recorded in the transaction amounted to nine quarter sections of land or 1,777 acres, which was a very respectable plot of land. There are no details of a sale but the land was registered to a Howard Gilliat on June 05 1872. When one comes across the Gilliat name it is of a rare breed and generally some connection can be established. Again, Howard is not a common Gilliat name of the day however, William Henry had a first cousin named Howard Gilliat 1848-1906, which would have made him 24 years old when this transaction took place. Howard Gilliat was the youngest of five sons and five daughters of John Kirton Gilliat the London heir of the Gilliat fortune. Other records do not show any interest for him in Minnesota land and it would appear that Howard lived most of his life in England.
It seems quite possible that Howard had purchased the land and William decided to occupy it some three or four years later.
William Henry and his family, except for his eldest son also a William who had chosen to remain in England, again moved from Moorhead to Rugby around 1884. Apparently William Henry (Harry) became a very good friend of Thomas Hughes and settled down, for he and his wife lived in the community until his death in 1898.
Excerpts from a booklet by George C. Galloway: 'I know that Mr. Gilliat purchased the old log house the Tuckers kept their boarders in. He purchased several acres of ground around the place, with the nice cold spring, just under the bank, from which I used to carry water for the Tucker boarders, and in which Mr. Gilliat used to cool his beer, a beverage to which he was very partial. Mr. Gilliat was a man of considerable wealth as he gave each of his sons on their becoming of age, and to his daughters on the event of their marriage, a gift of ten thousand dollars'. Which was a very generous gift in its day. Vivian Gilliat the youngest son, highlighted the family history by marrying the daughter of Jimmie Tompkins, owner and builder of the log house mentioned as being Rugby's first, in which the Tuckers kept the eating place, feeding the pioneers of Boston colonists. This house, that additions were added to, became the home of the Gilliat family as long as they lived in Rugby. After they passed on the house burned down. Charles C. Brooks acquired the property and erected a large barn near the site of the old house that should have been kept as a memorial sacred to the memory of Rugby's first building. There is some dispute over the use of the log house as the Gilliats lived in a six room house near the log home and it was known as
'The Gardens'. The name came from the fact that the site had once been the experimental gardens of the colony. The site was next to the Tabard Inn just a short but convenient distance between the two. However, as previously mentioned both buildings were lost to fire.
The Tabard Inn was so named from the English associations with the family hostelry at Canterbury where Geoffrey Chaucer led the pilgrims on the famous storytelling expedition. The name was appropriately given because Thomas Hughes had been presented with one of the old authentic banisters from the original Tabard Inn of England, which is still a prized relic in the town. The second inn was a beautiful Queen Anne structure of many spacious rooms designed by the famous General in the Philippine Insurrection, General T. A. Smith of Nashville, who was also a talented architect. The Hotels large drawing and other recreational rooms were marvels of luxury in this wilderness and the spacious dining room was often turned into a ballroom. The Inn flourished before the days of automobiles and folks came from South and North to stay by the month and be benefited from drinking of the chalybeate wells and to swim in the nearby streams, which flow in the deep rocky verdant, gorges some half-mile from the Inn.
CHRIST CHURCH RUGBY TENESSEE
The church was constructed in 1887 many of the fixtures, including the altar and the organ were moved from the second floor of the original school building, which had served as the church prior to the new building. The parishioners donated many of the items in the church. The Blacklocks, he was the first rector of the church, brought the little rosewood reed organ, made in London in 1849 from England. The seven beautiful brass-hanging lamps were imported from England the gift of Mr. and Mrs. William Henry Gilliat who were English residents here for many years.
On a happy note was the double wedding ceremony of the twins Clara and Vivian Gilliat who held a joint wedding ceremony in the 'Christ Protestant Episcopal Church' on July the 19th 1899, Rev. George S. Robinson of Chattanooga officiating. The joyous occasion was reported in the local paper.
'Mr. Layton Young the young man who has lately purchased the business of Mr. Tucker at Rugby, was joined to Miss Clara Gilliat, and Vivian Gilliat, twin brother of Miss Clara Gilliat, was joined to Miss Tina Ellen Tompkins. Mr. Young is the son of Andrew Young, who is head of one of the best known families in this section of the country. Miss Clara Gilliat is the daughter of Mr William Henry Gilliat, who came with the first settlers of Rugby and was a very intimate friend of Thomas Hughes founder of the Rugby colony.
The minister entered from the sacristy and stood on the top step of the chancel. The organist, Mr. Hayman of Clarksville, began the wedding march by Mendelssohn. The two little flower girls entered, Misses Ellen and Emma May Hayman and very gracefully marched up the aisle and took their places at the right and left, respectively, of the minister. The grooms entered and took their places by the little flower girls. Then came the brides, two beautiful young ladies dressed in white and carrying bouquets of bridal roses. Miss Tompkins was leaning gracefully on the arm of her father and was by him given away. Miss Gilliat came in on the arm of her eldest brother Mr. Eugene Gilliat, partner of Mr. Young.
The bridal party returned to the Gilliat household, where refreshments were served. Mr. and Mrs. Young and Mr. And Mrs. Gilliat left Rugby on the afternoon train and will spend some time in Chattanooga and then go to Atlanta'.
The Youngs were to also find a new home in the Pacific North west while Vivian eventually established his home in Ohio. Fifty years later Mr. And Mrs. Vivian Gilliat and Mrs. Clara Young celebrated their joint wedding ceremony with a return visit to Rugby.
There was a number of the Gilliat family who after a service in the Christ Church Episcopal Church were buried in the Rugby cemetery. William Henry died in 1898 and his wife Ellen McDaniel in 1906. It is noted that Leila (1908) and Bessie Gilliat(1897) at fifteen years, were also interned in the Rugby Cemetery.
The records do not speak well for the Rugby colony, by the turn of the century many of the colonists had left for other parts of the country.
4TH GEN. ELLEN GILLIAT married SAMUEL HYMAN. Children of ELLEN GILLIAT and SAMUEL HYMAN are:
EMMA MAY HYMAN
4TH GEN. EUGENE GILLIAT m MARGRET HENDERSON 1899 Children of EUGENE GILLIAT and MARGRET HENDERSON are:
GLEN HENDERSON GILLIAT b 1902 California d 5 August 1991
ALMER EUGENE GILLIAT b 1901
CYRIL HAROLD GILLIAT b 1906 8 May d 1998 15 Feb
Eugene the oldest son was married to Margaret Henderson and they left for California where they raised a family of three boys. Information about Eugene Gilliat and descendents is sketchy. His eldest son Glen remained in California and died in 1991. There are some Gilliats in the Los Angeles area, which may be his descendents.
5TH GEN. CYRIL HAROLD GILLIAT b 8 May 1906 died 15 Feb 1998 married 10 May 1912 to ONETA MAXINE TURNER
Children of CYRIL GILLIAT and ONETA TURNER are:
DAVID COE GILLIAT 4 April 1939
LANNY GENE GILLIAT b 1935
No information is available of Lanny Gilliat however David Coe Gilliat also remained in California.
6TH GEN. DAVID COE GILLIAT b 4 April 1939 married JUANITA LEE REYNOLDS b 6 Jul 1943
Child of DAVID GILLIAT and JUANITA REYNOLDS is:
BRETT MATHEW GILLIAT b 23 Oct 1960 County of Los Angeles m HARMONY KAY VAN TIGER 19 Nov 1961
Child of BRETT GILLIAT and HARMONY VAN TIGER is:
7TH GEN. MEGHAN ELIZABETH GILLIAT b 04/10/1988 Los Angeles
Brett Gilliat still resides in the California area with his family and we exchanged the odd email.
4TH GEN. VIVIAN GILLIAT b Sept 24 1875, died Jan 16 1961 in Dayton Ohio mar in 1899 TINA ELLEN TOMPKINS b Oct 3 1881 died March 15 1962
Children of VIVIAN GILLIAT and TINA TOMPKINS are:
ELLEN JULIA GILLIAT b September 10 1900; d. December 04 1984
BESSIE LOUISE GILLIAT b October 15 1902 d January 10 1995
WILLIAM HENRY GILLIAT b January 11 1905 d. November 02 1927
EDITH MAY GILLIAT b January 14 1907 d August 31 1987
ROBERT VIVIAN GILLIAT b July 06 1909 d September 17 2002
CLARA CHRISTINE GILLIAT b December 25 1912 d April 01 1998
MARGRET CATHERINE GILLIAT b December 12 1914 d November 19 1998
LENA EVELYN GILLIAT b November 30 1916
JAMES EUGENE GILLIAT b August 09 1919 d September 25 1920
DOROTHY JANE GILLIAT b January 25 1922
VIVIAN GILLIAT born in Liverpool and was still young by the time the family moved to Rugby. It probably was a carefree environment for a young fellow and it would seem that Vivian took full advantage of the opportunities. In discussing the early life of another early Rugby youth, John Berry it was said 'As a small boy he became a notorious prank player and mischief maker, teamed up with Vivian Gilliat. They were hard to equal and never excelled'. Vivian eventually moved with his young family to Florida Before finding a permanent home in Dayton Ohio.
5TH GEN. ROBERT VIVIAN GILLIAT b July 06 1909 d 17 September 2002 m MARGUERITE ENID CHERRY b 1912
Children of ROBERT GILLIAT and MARGUERITE CHERRY are:
HARRY EUGENE GILLIAT b 1939
JOHN ROBERT GILLIAT b 1942
ALICE LOUISE GILLIAT b 1944
MARY ELIZABETH GILLIAT b 1948
'Bob' V. Gilliat was born in Rugby and spent a few years at Palma Soma on the Manatee River in Florida which was something of a wilderness. He always loved the outdoors and the natural environment. As a youth, especially during the hard times, he loved to trap and hunt and was proud of his marksmanship. He lived much of his life in Dayton Ohio where he moved in 1916 after a few months in Nashville, Tenessee. One of the highlights of his life was a visit to England where he met and was shown around by Sir Marten Gilliat.
6TH GEN. HARRY EUGENE GILLIAT 1939 m (1) JUDITH BALDWIN She was born 1940. He married (2) BETTY SOUTHWOOD b 1938 Children of HARRY GILLIAT and JUDITH BALDWIN are:
MARK GILLIAT b 1962
STACEY GILLIAT b 1965
â€œGENEâ€ Gilliat was employed for some years with General Motors and on early retirement has taught school.
7TH GEN. MARK GILLIAT born 1962, married MARGIE ?.
Children of MARK GILLIAT and MARGIE are:
ADRIAN GILLIAT b 1991
LESLIE GILLIAT b 1995
6TH GEN. ALICE LOUISE GILLIAT b 1944 m JOSEPH RENNER b 1943. Children of ALICE GILLIAT and JOSEPH RENNER are:
MATHEW RENNER b 1974
BRADLEY RENNER b 1976
6TH GEN. MARY ELIZABETH GILLIAT b 1948 m NORMAN HENDERSON b 1939-2001
Children of MARY GILLIAT and NORMAN HENDERSON are:
RONALD HENDERSON b 1968
DAVID HENDERSON b 1970
6TH GEN. JOHN ROBERT GILLIAT. The legacies of Rugby are still maintained in a reconstructed community of Victorian Rugby that invites the public to stroll back through the past to relive some of those Utopian ideals in the times of Thomas Hughes and the Rugby Colonists. Fittingly John Gilliat (Grandson of Vivian and son of Robert) and partner Barbara Jean Staggs play an active part in the celebration and preservation of this unique part of colonial history.
Vivian Gilliat's large family has left a host of descendents, which I have tried to list below as I have little information about them maybe someone closer can take up the challenge.
I do however, wish to mention and acknowledge all the help I have received from Dorothy Gilliat Barger. She has sent me a lot of information and has ferreted out data to make a lot of the foregoing possible.
A note by Dorothy Gilliat Barger on her childhood family memories:-
My Father: The Music Man
Our house was full of music during my childhood. We had a piano that my two sisters played and my mother hummed and sang often; but my father was an accomplished violinist and we heard wonderful music from him every day. He seemed to enjoy playing so much and we all loved listening to him. He played all kinds, from classical to blue grass. We heard The Tennessee Waltz often and he played The Strauss Waltzes with such feeling. But he really was carried away when he tackled The Wabash Cannon Ball or The Orange Blossom Special; both of those songs about trains were special to him. We could hear that train coming down the track, faster and faster with that lonesome whistle blowing. His violin became a fiddle for those songs.
Trains were of special interest to him for he was employed by the B&O, or The Baltimore and Ohio Railroad. He worked at a coaling station where the big steam engines stopped for refueling. Coal and water is what kept them going, no diesels in those days. He worked hard, but it was steady no layoffs even during The Great Depression in the early 1930's. He had a large family to support, so it was very good for all of us that he did have a permanent job on the B&O. We children could ride free, and did travel by train occasionally. The conductor would call us 'dead-heads' because we were using a free pass to ride. When he wasn't working on the job, or was not sleeping, he was gardening. Our family benefitted from all those wonderful vegetables that came into our kitchen, for our mother was a good cook and prepared healthy, tasty meals for us. How lucky we were!
He seemed to have such a hunger for knowledge and read for hours during the wintertime when he was not gardening. Those years of attending a simple, one-room school in Rugby did not prepare him for a trade of any kind. Later when he married my mother, he and a partner ran a general store in Rugby.
His love of music led him to playing with a group of musicians at parties and social functions. I think sometimes the group was paid and sometimes they played for good food and drinks. They were a talented group and sounded as good as any we hear these days at the Grand Old Opry.
I recall an incident that made an impression on me as a young child. I heard my mother tell him in no uncertain terms, that if he came home in 'that condition' again he would go to no more of those parties. I did not understand what 'that condition' was. It seems he came home in the wee hours of the morning and got into bed with her with his muddy shoes on. So I thought she was just complaining about those muddy shoes. Also I remember that she did not like the stories she heard about a girl who attended those parties, who wore a skin tight red dress and danced the Shimmey. I wasn't sure what the Shimmey was either. But an older sister sort of explained it to me and also demonstrated it a bit. Guess I should not tell that story on him.
On the other hand, he was gentleman, 'born of the gentry', I was told by my mother. He treated us all well, was an easy man who never seemed to raise his voice, left the family discipline mainly to my mother. When they disagreed, he went to the back door, took his felt, brimmed hat from the wall rack and went for a long walk. When he returned, the air had cleared, everything now peaceful again. That seemed to work for them for more than 60 years. We children were lucky to have them for our parents.
Dorothy Gilliat Barger
Margaret Gilliat Eckert was closer to me than any of my sisters. We were seven years apart in age, but the last ones at home with our parents. We shared a room and so much else in our life. We were quite different, she more of a worrier and I more optimistic. She wrote some nice poetry and in each one there was a little bit of melancholy. Here is one she called "Memories"
Dorothy Gilliat Barger.
Daisies, how we loved them so
Beside the door to nod and blow
Blue-bells so like little girls
In home-made dresses, all a-swirl
And by the rail-road, midst the ferns
Oh, "memories that bless and burn"
The yellow butter-cups grew there
Among the weeds, without a care
Lilly-of-the-valley, bells of white
In shaded spots, were pure delight
Outside the window, most devine
For-get-me-nots, Mom always grew
Those beautiful, very heavenly blue
And needed probably most of all
Sun-flowers along the garden wall
Running bare-foot, all so young
Picking violets in the warm spring sun
And pansies, Dad grew beds of these
To make them bloom, pick them please
And when the crocus bloomed in spring
'Twas such a happy hope-ful thing.
So now along the road we ride
As we sit here, side by side,
And watch the panoramic view
Fields of flowers golds and blue
Couldn't pick one if we tried
Remembering all of this, do you?
Descendants of John Gilliat
Generation No. 1
1. John3 Gilliat (William2, William1)born March 24 1761 in Scrivelsby, Lincolnshire U.K, died April 19 1819 in At 57 yrs. Clapham London U.K. He married Mary June Kirton 1792, daughter of Robert Kirton and Elizabeth Stubbs. She was born June 10, 1768, died December 04 1859 in Aged 92.
Children of John Gilliat and Mary Kirton are:
i. MARY ANN4 GILLIAT b January 28 1793 d August 25 1811
2. ii. ELIZABETH GILLIAT b May 15 1795 d March 18 1850 Aged 56
3.iii. JOHN KIRTON GILLIAT b January 14 1798 d September 05 1856
4. iv. JANE GILLIAT b October 16 1799 d 1866
5. v. WILLIAM HENRY GILLIAT b July 11 1801 d December 07 1853 Liverpool
6. vi. CAROLINE GILLIAT b August 31 1803 Daughter of John Gilliat, d April 28 1832 childbirth at Southhamton
7. vii. AUGUSTA GILLIAT b August 09 1805 d September 23 1876
viii. EDWARD GILLIAT b July 14 1807 d November 15 1822, Died at school - Gaucott
8. ix.EMMA GILLIAT b April 15 1809 d July 23 1848
x. LOUISA GILLIAT b March 22 1811 d December 03 1860 Louisa was unmarried
Generation No. 2
2. Elizabeth4 Gilliat (John3, William2, William1) born May 15, 1795, died 18 March 1850 Aged 56 She married Alexander Hatfield 1815. He died March 15, 1865 Aged 82.
Children of Elizabeth Gilliat and Alexander Hatfield are:
i. ALEXANDER5 HATFIELD b June 10 1816 d April 18 1829
9. ii. ELIZA HATFIELD b September 01 1819 d July 21 1881
iii. JULIA HATFIELD b September 26 1823
10. iv. GILLIAT HATFIELD b October 29 1826
3. John Kirton4 Gilliat (John3, William2, William1) born January 14 1798, died September 05 1856, married Mary Ann Saunders 1826. She was born Unknown, and died December 04, 1863.
Children of John Gilliat and Mary Saunders are:
i. MARY ANN5 GILLIAT b May 27 1827 d October 1843
11. ii. ELLEN GILLIAT b July 19 1828 d June 05 1862
12.iii. JOHN SAUNDERS GILLIAT b November 24 1829 d. 1912 Chorleywood, Herts
13. iv. AUGUSTA GILLIAT b July 23 1831
14. v. SELINA GILLIAT b April 17 1833 d 1868
15. vi. CAROLINE (CLARA) GILLIAT b February 1835 d 1889
16. vii. ALGERNON GILLIAT b January 06 1837 d 1925 merchant, Stoke Poges, Buckinghamshire
viii. EDWARD GILLIAT b November 09 1839 d 1877
ix. LAURA GILLIAT b February 28 1843 d 1860
17. x. HOWARD GILLIAT b January 1848 d 1906 Ripton Hall, Hunts
4. Jane4 Gilliat (John3, William2, William1) born October 16 1799, died 1866, married Rev. Arthur Scrivenor January 14 1825. He died 1867
Children of Jane Gilliat and Rev. Scrivenor are:
18. i. MARY JANE5 SCRIVENOR b April 05 1826 d March 1880
ii. EMMA SCRIVENOR b April 04 1829 d 1883
19. iii. ARTHUR SCRIVENOR b January 13 1831
20. iv. EDWARD SCRIVENOR b May 15 1833 d August 1871
21. v. ANNA SCRIVENOR b February 10 1840 d 1873
5. William Henry4 Gilliat (John3, William2, William1) born July 11 1801, died December 07, 1853 in Liverpool, married Elizabeth Augusta Crosbie.
Children of William Gilliat and Elizabeth Crosbie are:
22. i. WILLIAM HENRY5 GILLIAT b February 26 1832, Farm Road, Oxten Birkenhead Nr Liverpool England d 1898
ii. HORACE GILLIAT b November 28 1836 d 1875
iii. JULIA KIRTON GILLIAT b January 21 1838 Has Issue m J. DOWIE
23. iv. CECIL GILLIAT b September 30 1845
v. PERCY GILLIAT b September 04 1852 d 1876 Birkenhead
6. Caroline4 Gilliat (John3, William2, William1) born August 31 1803, Daughter of John Gilliat, and died April 28, 1832 in childbirth at Southhamton. She married Alfred Gallego Gilliat January 02, 1827, son of Thomas Gilliat and Mary Scott. He was born May 24, 1800 in Richmond VA. Son of Thomas, and died March 29, 1859.
Children of Caroline Gilliat and Alfred Gilliat are:
24. i. ALFRED5 GILLIAT b May 14 1830 d June 14 1898
25. ii. CAROLINE EMMA GILLIAT b April 22 1832 d November 13 1888
7. Augusta4 Gilliat (John3, William2, William1) born August 09 1805, died September 23 1876 married Joseph Smith 1830. He was born in Manchester, died November 1876.
Child of Augusta Gilliat and Joseph Smith is:
26. i. FREDERICK GILLIAT5 SMITH b November 05 1832 d September 08 1897
8. Emma4 Gilliat (John3, William2, William1) born April 15 1809, died July 23 1848, married John Jones 1830. He died June 09 1875 in Bala.
Children of Emma Gilliat and John Jones are:
i. EDWARD GILLIAT5 JONES b December 29 1831
ii. EMMA CAROLINE JONES b November 05 1833
iii. HENERY HORACE JONES b January 01 1836 d March 03 1860
27. iv. HERBERT WRIGHT JONES b February 08 1838
v. FRANK KIRTON JONES b July 27 1840
28. vi. MARY AUGUSTA JONES b November 01 1843
29. vii. JOHN ALGERNON JONES b November 14 1845
Generation No. 3
9. Eliza5 Hatfield (Elizabeth4 Gilliat, John3, William2, William1) born September 01, 1819, died July 21 1881 married (1) J.Wells, married (2) H Townsend October 02 1855
Children of Eliza Hatfield and J.Wells are:
i. HORACE WELLS b Died infancy
ii. JULIA ELLEN WELLS b November 18 1839 d April 08 1854 Without issue m H CREALOCK
Children of Eliza Hatfield and H Townsend are:
iii. ERNEST HATFIELD6 TOWNSEND b June 26 1856
iv. REGINALD GILLIAT TOWNSEND b October 04 1858
10. Gilliat5 Hatfield (Elizabeth4 Gilliat, John3, William2, William1) born October 29 1826, married Jesse Elen Davis October 04, 1855
Children of Gilliat Hatfield and Jesse Davis are:
i. ALEXANDER HATFIELD b September 07 1856
ii. JESSE NORA HATFIELD b September 1857
iii. IDA BLANCHE HATFIELD b September 1859
iv. ELLEN GERTRUDE HATFIELD b January 1861
v. BEATRICE ALICE HATFIELD b February 1863
vi. EDWARD GILLIAT HATFIELD b March 1864
vii. HENRIETTA HATFIELD b 1866
11. Ellen5 Gilliat (John Kirton4, John3, William2, William1) born July 19 1828, died June 05 1862 married Charles F. Garrett July 07 1858
Children of Ellen Gilliat and Charles Garrett are:
i. ELLEN MARY6 GARRETT b 1859
ii. CHARLES GARRETT
12. John Saunders5 Gilliat (John Kirton4, John3, William2, William1)born November 24 1829, died 1912 in Chorleywood, Herts, married Louise Ann Frances Babington May 1860. She was born 1835 in of Rothley Temple, Leics, died 1914.
Children of John Gilliat and Louise Babington are:
i. MABEL FANNY6 GILLIAT b March 1861 d 1950 m WILLIAM T LANGFORD 1880
ii. ROSE BABINGTON GILLIAT b 1862 m CHARLES PERCY SYKES 1884
iii. FLORENCE HENRIETTA GILLIAT b 1864 m J L B
TEMPLAR 1887 d Colonel Templar
iv. CECILIA WALPOLE GILLIAT b 1865 d 1920
30. v. JOHN BABINGTON GILLIAT b 1868 d 1949
vi. IDA SOPHIA GILLIAT b 1871 d 1938 m GEORGE VERE HUGH CHELMONDELEY 1899
31.vii.VIOLET CONSTANCE BERTHA GILLIAT 1875-1947
13. Augusta5 Gilliat (John Kirton4, John3, William2, William1) born July 23 1831, married A F Govett January 03 1855
Children of Augusta Gilliat and A Govett are:
i. FREDERICK LENNARD6 GOVETT b May 13 1856
ii. FRANCIS ALGERNON GOVETT b April 1858
iii. LAURA GOVETT b January 1861
iv. OTHERS GOVETT
14. Selina5 Gilliat (John Kirton4, John3, William2, William1) born April 17 1833, died 1868. She married Montegue J Battye 1855
Children of Selina Gilliat and Montegue Battye are:
i. LENA C OUTRAM6 BATTYE b October 1856
ii. MONTAGUE JOHN BATTYE b February 28 1958
15. Caroline (Clara)5 Gilliat (John Kirton4, John3, William2, William1) born February 1835, died 1889, married Thomas Henry Babington December 1859
Child of Caroline Gilliat and Thomas Babington is:
i. SEVERAL BABINGTON
16. Algernon5 Gilliat (John Kirton4, John3, William2, William1) born January 06 1837, died 1925 in merchant, Stoke Poges, Buckinghamshire, married Mary Augusta Georgina Moore November 24, 1864. She died 1903.
Children of Algernon Gilliat and Mary Moore are:
32. i. ALGERNON EDWARD6 GILLIAT 1866-1951 Director of J. K. Gilliat Co
ii. CHARLES ROBERT GILLIAT 1868-1944 m JESSIE CONSTANCE TEESDALE 1935 b 1866 d 1963
33. iii. WALTER EVELYN GILLIAT 1869-1963 Anglican Minister
17. Howard5 Gilliat (John Kirton4, John3, William2, William1) born January 1848, died 1906 in Ripton Hall,Hunts, married Helen Skipworth 1878. She was born 1854, died 1934.
Children of Howard Gilliat and Helen Skipworth are:
i. LIONEL HOWARD6 GILLIAT 1880-1900 Lt of 16th Lancers - died during Boer War. Barbeton S. Africa.
ii. OTHO CLAUDE SKIPWORTH GILLIAT 1881-1914 Killed WWII
34. iii. JOHN FRANCES GREY GILLIAT 1883-1948
35. iv. FRANK LESLIE GILLIAT b 1885
v. HARRY L GILLIAT 1888-1889
vi. NANETTE MARGRET HELEN GILLIAT b 1891 m COL JOHN LESLIE 1916 b Kings Lynn
vii. GIANA DOROTHEA GILLIAT b 1892 m LT COL JAMES THORPE WEATHERBY b Weatherby
18. Mary Jane5 Scrivenor (Jane4 Gilliat, John3, William2, William1) born April 05 1826, died March 1880 married Charles Wolley Preedy June 14, 1853.
Children of Mary Scrivenor and Charles Preedy are:
i. HENRY PREEDY b April 27 1854
ii. CHARLES PREEDY b April 1855
iii. ARTHUR PREEDY b September 1857 m MARY E BROOKS December 31 1857
iv. OTHERS PREEDY
19. Arthur5 Scrivenor (Jane4 Gilliat, John3, William2, William1) born January 13, 1831, married Mary E Brooks December 31, 1857.
Children of Arthur Scrivenor and Mary Brooks are:
i. MARY6 SCRIVENOR, b. November 1858.
ii. ARTHUR SCRIVENOR, b. 1860; d. 1883.
iii. OTHERS SCRIVENOR.
20. Edward5 Scrivenor (Jane4 Gilliat, John3, William2, William1)born May 15, 1833, died August 1871, married Miss Fearon 1866.
Child of Edward Scrivenor and Miss Fearon is:
i. THREE CHILDREN6 SCRIVENOR.
21. Anna5 Scrivenor (Jane4 Gilliat, John3, William2, William1) born February 10, 1840, died 1873, married Rev. D D Ingles 1865.
Child of Anna Scrivenor and Rev. Ingles is:
i. ISSUE6 INGLES.
22. William Henry5 Gilliat (William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born February 26, 1832 at Farm Road, Oxten Birkenhead Nr Liverpool England, died 1898. He married Ellen McDaniel November 02, 1857. She was born 1838, and died 1906 in Buried in Rugby Ten.
Children of William Gilliat and Ellen McDaniel are:
i. WILLIAM HENRY GILLIAT b 1861 Liverpool - Moorehead Min - Rugby Ten 1884 d 1898 Remained in England
36. ii. ELLEN GILLIAT
37. iii. EUGENE V GILLIAT
38. iv. CLARA GILLIAT b 1875 d 1964
39. v. VIVIAN GILLIAT b September 24 1875 d January 16 1961 Dayton Ohio Cemetary
vi. BESSIE GILLIAT 1882-1897 Rugby Cemetary Ten
vii. LEILA GILLIAT 1883-1906 Buried Rugby Cem- Ten
23. Cecil5 Gilliat (William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born September 30, 1845 married Eliza Allman. She died 1882.
Children of Cecil Gilliat and Eliza Allman are:
i. REGINALD6 GILLIAT d 1914 Killed WWII
ii. CECIL GILLIAT d 1915 Killed WWII
iii. EDITH CONSTANCE GILLIAT
24. Alfred5 Gilliat (Caroline4, John3, William2, William1) born May 14, 1830, died June 14, 1898 in Father was Alfred, and Thomas his Grandfather. He married (1) Emma Lett Clowes February 24, 1859. She died 1860. He married (2) Ann Taddy Hatfield June 17, 1862, daughter of Charles Hatfield and Maude Back. She died 1927.
Child of Alfred Gilliat and Emma Clowes is:
40. i. ALFRED GORDON6 GILLIAT b November 18 1860 d 1936
Children of Alfred Gilliat and Ann Hatfield are:
ii. CHARLES WARING PERCY6 GILLIAT, b. August 08, 1863.
iii. FREDRICK HATFIELD GILLIAT b January 16 1865 d 1920 Schoolmaster at Bishop's Stortford.
iv. EDITH MARY GILLIAT b October 03 1866 m FREDERICK CHARDOS
v. EMMA CAROLINE GILLIAT b February 14 1868
vi. CHARLES PERCY GILLIAT b 1868
vii. BEATRICE ANNIE GILLIAT b July 23 1869
viii. KATHERINE JESSIE GILLIAT b November 18 1871 m F.C.FELL
ix. CONSTANCE MARION GILLIAT b November 07 1875 m CAPT TYRELL
25. Caroline Emma5 Gilliat (Caroline4, John3, William2, William1) born April 22, 1832, died November 13 1888, married Warring Alexander Biddle.
Children of Caroline Gilliat and Warring Biddle are:
i. WARING ALFRED ROLLES6 BIDDLE b June 25 1862 m EMMELINE MCCONCHIE
ii. ALEXANDER ROSS BIDDLE b April 22 1864
iii. HORACE HENRY BIDDLE b December 11 1865 d 1873
iv. ELIZABETH CAROLINE MARY BIDDLE b February 06 1869 m GILBERT WALTER GRIFFITH August 1900
26. Frederick Gilliat5 Smith (Augusta4 Gilliat, John3, William2, William1) born November 05 1832, died September 08, 1897, married Jessie Anne Bainbridge December 20, 1853.
Children of Frederick Smith and Jessie Bainbridge are:
i. ALICE AUGUSTA6 SMITH b January 21 1856 d With issue m. J SKINNER 1878
ii. ERNEST FRED GILLIAT SMITH b July 08 1858
iii. HAROLD GILLIAT SMITH b March 1861
iv. JESSE LILLIAN GILLIAT SMITH b February 1863
v. MABEL GILLIAT SMITH b 1867
27. Herbert Wright5 Jones (Emma4 Gilliat, John3, William2, William1) born February 08, 1838, married Sarah Williams 1865.
Child of Herbert Jones and Sarah Williams is:
i. HAS ISSUE6 JONES.
28. Mary Augusta5 Jones (Emma4 Gilliat, John3, William2, William1) born November 01, 1843, married H Williams 1879.
Child of Mary Jones and H Williams is:
i. HAS ISSUE6 WILLIAMS.
29. John Algernon5 Jones (Emma4 Gilliat, John3, William2, William1) born November 14, 1845, married Miss Wilson 1875.
Child of John Jones and Miss Wilson is:
i. HAS ISSUE6 JONES.
Generation No. 4
30. John Babington6 Gilliat (John Saunders5, John Kirton4, John3, William2, William1) born 1868, died 1949, married Murial Helen Lycette 1908.
Children of John Gilliat and Murial Lycette are:
i. LANCELOT ANTHONY7 GILLIAT b 1909 d 1935
ii. MARTIN JOHN GILLIAT b 1913 d 1993 Lt Col Sir Martin Private Sect to Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother
41. iii. SYBIL GILLIAT b 1915
31. Violet Constance Bertha6 Gilliat (John Saunders5, John Kirton4, John3, William2, William1) born 1875, died 1947. She married (1) Henry Greathed. She married (2) Sir Henry Bucknall Betterton 1912, son of Henry Betterton and Agnes Bucknall. He was born in Baron Rushcliffe.
Children of Violet Gilliat and Sir Betterton are:
i. AVERIL DIANA7 BETTERTON
ii. CLAUDIA VIOLET BETTERTON
32. Algernon Edward6 Gilliat (Algernon5, John Kirton4, John3, William2, William1) born 1866, died 1951 Director of J. K. Gilliat Co,. He married Marjorie Eva Duke 1904. She was born 1884.
Children of Algernon Gilliat and Marjorie Duke are:
42. i. DOUGLAS ALGERNON7 GILLIAT b 1907
43. ii. PATRICK NEVILLE GILLIAT b 1910 d was Anglican Minister - Sheffield.
iii. CONSTANCE BARBARA MARY GILLIAT b 1911 d 1936 m GEORGE GRIMSHAW 1934
iv. NANCY MARJORIE GILLIAT b 1914 m GEORGE GRIMSHAW 1936
v. JEAN DOROTHY GILLIAT b 1916 m ROBIN P A LANKESTER b Somerset
vi. CHRISTOPHER DAVID GILLIAT 1919-1943 Killed WWII
33. Walter Evelyn6 Gilliat (Algernon5, John Kirton4, John3, William2, William1) born 1869, died 1963 was Anglican Minister, married Georgina Bell Worthington 1901.
Children of Walter Gilliat and Georgina Worthington are:
i. IVOR ALGERNON7 GILLIAT b 1903 d unmarried
44. ii. MORRIS CHARLES WORTHINGTON GILLIAT b 1905
45. iii. JOHN HOWARD GEORGE GILLIAT b 1907 Preist
iv. JOYCE GILLIAT 1912-1916
v. IRENE GILLIAT b 1914
34. John Frances Grey6 Gilliat (Howard5, John Kirton4, John3, William2, William1) born 1883, died 1948, married Lady Anglesey- Lilian Frances Maud Cherwynd 1909-1962
Children of John Gilliat and Lady Cherwynd are:
i. SIMON HOWARD7 GILLIAT 1912-1936
ii. JOHN GILLIAT 1914-1944
iii. VIRGINIA LOUISE GILLIAT b 1916 m SIR (MARK TATTON) RICHARD SYKES 1942 b Sledmere, Malton. Yorks.
iv. TIMOTHY LEO GILLIAT 1919-1919
35. Frank Leslie6 Gilliat (Howard5, John Kirton4, John3, William2, William1) born 1885, married Veronica Codrington 1916.
Child of Frank Gilliat and Veronica Codrington is:
i. SON7 GILLIAT b 1944 killed WW II
36. Ellen6 Gilliat (William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) She married Samuel Hyman.
Children of Ellen Gilliat and Samuel Hyman are:
i. ELLEN7 HYMAN.
ii. EMMA MAY HYMAN.
37. Eugene V6 Gilliat (William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) married Margret Henderson 1899.
Children of Eugene Gilliat and Margret Henderson are:
i. GLEN HENDERSON7 GILLIAT b July 27 1902 California d August 05 1991
ii. ALMER EUGENE GILLIAT b 1901
46. iii. CYRIL HAROLD GILLIAT b 1906 8 May d 1998 15 Feb
38. Clara6 Gilliat (William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) 1875-1964. She married Layton Hurst Young 1870-1929
Children of Clara Gilliat and Layton Young are:
i. LAWRENCE LAYTON7 YOUNG never married
47. ii. HARRY HURST YOUNG
48. iii. JULIAN GILLIAT YOUNG 1903-1957
iv. ORLENA CLARA YOUNG 1905-1992 m JUDSON L HENDERSON 1908-1978
39. Vivian6 Gilliat (William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born September 24, 1875, died January 16, 1961 in Dayton Ohio Cemetary. He married Tina Ellen Tompkins 1899 in Rugby Tn. She was born October 03, 1881, and died March 15, 1962 in Dayton Ohio.
Children of Vivian Gilliat and Tina Tompkins are:
49. i. ELLEN JULIA7 GILLIAT b September 10 1900 d December 04 1984
50. ii. BESSIE LOUISE GILLIAT b October 15 1902 d January 10 1995
iii. WILLIAM HENRY GILLIAT b January 11 1905 d November 02 1927
51. iv. EDITH MAY GILLIAT b January 14 1907 d August 31 1987
52. v. ROBERT VIVIAN GILLIAT b July 06 1909 d September 17 2002
53. vi. CLARA CHRISTINE GILLIAT b December 25 1912 d April 01 1998
54. vii. MARGRET CATHERINE GILLIAT b December 12 1914 d November 19 1998
55. viii. LENA EVELYN GILLIAT b November 30 1916
ix. JAMES EUGENE GILLIAT b August 09 1919 d September 25 1920
56. x. DOROTHY JANE GILLIAT b January 25 1922
40. Alfred Gordon6 Gilliat (Alfred5, Caroline4, John3, William2, William1) born November 18, 1860, died 1936 married Eliza Mary Stephan McDonald October 12, 1897. She was born 1873, died 1948.
Children of Alfred Gilliat and Eliza McDonald are:
57. i. EDITH AGNES7 GILLIAT b October 23 1898 d February 03 1975
58. ii. ALFRED MCDONALD GILLIAT b January 24 1900 d March 10 1957
Generation No. 5
41. Sybil7 Gilliat (John Babington6, John Saunders5, John Kirton4, John3, William2, William1) born 1915. She married Miles Beevor 1935.
Child of Sybil Gilliat and Miles Beevor is:
i. RONALD BEEVOR
42. Douglas Algernon7 Gilliat (Algernon Edward6, Algernon5, John Kirton4, John3, William2, William1) was born 1907. He married (1) Evelyn Florence Archibald 1930. He married (2) Evelyn Florence Archibald 1930.
Children of Douglas Gilliat and Evelyn Archibald are:
59. i. MICHAEL DOUGLAS ALGERNON8 GILLIAT b 1931
ii. ROSEMARY BARBARA GILLIAT b 1936 m JOHN ALLEN BRISTOWE 1956 b Woking
iii. ANTONY GILLIAT b 1941 d died infant
43. Patrick Neville7 Gilliat (Algernon Edward6, Algernon5, John Kirton4, John3, William2, William1) born 1910, was Anglican Minister - Sheffield. He married Noreen Shaw 1936. She was born 1913.
Children of Patrick Gilliat and Noreen Shaw are:
60. i. EDWARD PETER8 GILLIAT b 1938 Schoolmaster Bristol
61. ii. JANET MARY GILLIAT b 1941
iii. RACHEL ANN GILLIAT b 1947
44. Morris Charles Worthington7 Gilliat (Walter Evelyn6, Algernon5, John Kirton4, John3, William2, William1) born 1905, married Leila Rawcliffe.
Children of Morris Gilliat and Leila Rawcliffe are:
i. DAPHNE GILLIAT b 1931
ii. DAVID WALTER GILLIAT b 1934
45. John Howard George7 Gilliat (Walter Evelyn6, Algernon5, John Kirton4, John3, William2, William1) born 1907 was a Preist. He married Agnes Margret Shaw.
Children of John Gilliat and Agnes Shaw are:
i. STEPHEN8 GILLIAT b 1935
ii. ELIZABETH GILLIAT b 1938
iii. RICHARD GILLIAT b 1944 Was captain Hampshire cricket club
46. Cyril Harold7 Gilliat (Eugene V6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 8 May 1906, died 15 Feb 1998, married Oneta Maxine Turner. She was born 1o May 1912, died 6 March 2001 'After breakfast at the age of 88".
Children of Cyril Gilliat and Oneta Turner are:
62. i. DAVID COE8 GILLIAT b 1939 4 April
ii. LANNY GENE GILLIAT b 1935
47. Harry Hurst7 Young (Clara6 Gilliat, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1)
Child of Harry Hurst Young is:
i. HARRY C8 YOUNG m NANCY WRIGHT
48. Julian Gilliat7 Young (Clara6 Gilliat, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) 1903-1957, married Margret Alice Anderson 1904-2001
Child of Julian Young and Margret Anderson is:
63. i. MARVIN RICHARD8 YOUNG b 1935
49. Ellen Julia7 Gilliat (Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born September 10, 1900, died December 04, 1984, married Merritt P. Smith. He was born 1897, died 1967.
Children of Ellen Gilliat and Merritt Smith are:
64. i. MERLE WARREN8 SMITH b 1923
65. ii. WINFIELD HARRISON SMITH b 1928
50. Bessie Louise7 Gilliat (Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) was born October 15, 1902, died January 10, 1995. She married Oral P. Forman. He was born 1890, and died 1960.
Children of Bessie Gilliat and Oral Forman are:
66. i. ORAL O.8 FORMAN b 1922 d 1988
67. ii. ROBERT R FORMAN b 1924
51. Edith May7 Gilliat (Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born January 14, 1907, died August 31, 1987. She married Virgil Hull. He was born 1899, and died 1970.
Children of Edith Gilliat and Virgil Hull are:
i. MYRON8 HULL b 1928 m GEANIE
68. ii. VERNON HULL b 1930
69. iii. HARVEY HULL b 1933
52. Robert Vivian7 Gilliat (Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) was born July 06, 1909. He married Marguerite Enid Cherry. She was born 1912.
Children of Robert Gilliat and Marguerite Cherry are:
70. i. HARRY EUGENE8 GILLIAT b 1939
ii. JOHN ROBERT GILLIAT b 1942
71. iii. ALICE LOUISE GILLIAT b 1944
72. iv. MARY ELIZABETH GILLIAT b 1948
53. Clara Christine7 Gilliat (Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) was born December 25, 1912, died April 01, 1998. She married Loyd Henry Smith. He was born 1912, and died 1999.
Children of Clara Gilliat and Loyd Smith are:
73. i. SUE ELLEN8 SMITH b 1934
74. ii. MARGRET ALBERTA SMITH b 1937
75. iii. LLOYD HENRY SMITH b 1945
76. iv. STEVEN DOUGLAS SMITH b 1947
54. Margret Catherine7 Gilliat (Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) was born December 12, 1914, died November 19, 1998, married Albin Frank Eckert. He was born 1913.
Children of Margret Gilliat and Albin Eckert are:
77. i. RONALD EDWARD8 ECKERT b 1943
78. ii. RAYMOND ALBIN ECKERT b 1946
55. Lena Evelyn7 Gilliat (Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born November 30, 1916. She married Thurman Adams. He was born 1912, died 1987.
Children of Lena Gilliat and Thurman Adams are:
79. i. DONALD WILLIAMS8 ADAMS b 1935 d 1997
80. ii. BARBARA JEAN ADAMS b 1936
iii.EVELYN JEAN ADAMS b 1944 m JULIAN WRIGHT
56. Dorothy Jane7 Gilliat (Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) was born January 25, 1922, married Harrison Maywood Barger. He was born 1917.
Children of Dorothy Gilliat and Harrison Barger are:
81. i. JANE DARLENE8 BARGER b 1942
ii. JOYCE LORRAINE BARGER b 1945 m MICHAEL KENNY KOHLI b 1953
82. iii. BONNIE JEAN BARGER b 1949
83. iv. HARRISON WILLIAM BARGER b 1950
84. v. BRIAN DOUGLAS BARGER b 1954
57. Edith Agnes7 Gilliat (Alfred Gordon6, Alfred5, Caroline4, John3, William2, William1) born October 23, 1898, died February 03, 1975 married Alfred Gray born January 14, 1901, died November 1957.
Children of Edith Gilliat and Alfred Gray are:
i. EDITH MARY8 GRAY b June 14 1927 m ROLAND HASLETINE CALDWELL June 08 1957 b March 19 1927
ii. ELIZABETH ANNE GRAY b April 14 1927 m JAMES AUBREY HUDSON b July 25 1930 d April 03 1983
85. iii. ALFRED GORDON GRAY b July 18 1930
58. Alfred McDonald7 Gilliat (Alfred Gordon6, Alfred5, Caroline4, John3, William2, William1) was born January 24, 1900, died March 10, 1957. He married Harriet Elizabeth Sandidge born May 26, 1911, died September 19 1989.
Children of Alfred Gilliat and Harriet Sandidge are:
i. ALFRED MCDONALD8 GILLIAT b November 01 194.
86. ii. MARY ELIZABETH GILLIAT b May 15 1944
Generation No. 6
59. Michael Douglas Algernon8 Gilliat (Douglas Algernon7, Algernon Edward6, Algernon5, John Kirton4, John3, William2, William1)born 1931. He married Jillian Jane Virtue Trower 1953.
Children of Michael Gilliat and Jillian Trower are:
i. CHRISTOPHER DOUGLAS9 GILLIAT b 1955
ii. VERYAN CECILY GILLIAT b 1958
iii. PATRICK MICHAEL GILLIAT b 1962
60. Edward Peter8 Gilliat (Patrick Neville7, Algernon Edward6, Algernon5, John Kirton4, John3, William2, William1) born 1938 in Schoolmaster Bristol. He married Margret Woolmer 1964.
Children of Edward Gilliat and Margret Woolmer are:
i. SIMON GILLIAT b 1966
ii. ANNA GILLIAT b 1969
61. Janet Mary8 Gilliat (Patrick Neville7, Algernon Edward6, Algernon5, John Kirton4, John3, William2, William1) born 1941. She married David Wiseman Ramsey Rainsford Hannay 1963. He was born in London.
Child of Janet Gilliat and David Hannay is:
i. MARK GILLIAT9 HANNAY b 1972
62. David Coe8 Gilliat (Cyril Harold7, Eugene V6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1939 in 4 April. He married Juanita Lee Reynolds. She was born 1943 in 6 Jul.
Child of David Gilliat and Juanita Reynolds is:
87. i. BRETT MATHEW9 GILLIAT b 1960 23 Oct - County of Los Angeles
63. Marvin Richard8 Young (Julian Gilliat7, Clara6 Gilliat, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1935. He married Julian Yvonne Heitkemper. She was born 1936.
Children of Marvin Young and Julian Heitkemper are:
i.JOHN EDWARD9 YOUNG b 1963
88. ii. LESLIE ELIZABETH YOUNG b 1968
64. Merle Warren8 Smith (Ellen Julia7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1923. He married (1) Rosemary Palmer. She was born 1924, and died 1993. He married (2) Diana Ivanovskaja. She was born 1937.
Children of Merle Smith and Rosemary Palmer are:
89. i. SPENCER MERLE9 SMITH b 1949
90. ii. JESSE JEROME SMITH b 1952
91. iii. CLAIRE CHRISTINE SMITH b 1953
92. iv. WARREN WINFIELD SMITH b 1955
65. Winfield Harrison8 Smith (Ellen Julia7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1928. He married (1) Elaine. He married (2) Jacquelyn LaVelle.
Children of Winfield Smith and Elaine are:
i. CATHERINE ELAINE9 SMITH b 1951 m JOSEPH ORRISON
93. ii. CONSTANCE ELLEN SMITH b 1954
94. iii. CHERYL ELIZABETH SMITH b 1958
66. Oral O.8 Forman (Bessie Louise7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1922, died 1988. He married Sarah Geraldine Barger. She was born 1922, and died 1993.
Children of Oral Forman and Sarah Barger are:
95. i. GERRY ANN9 FOREMAN b 1940
ii. CAROL FOREMAN b 1941
iii. ROGER FOREMAN b 1942
iv. JERINDA FOREMAN
v. DAVID FOREMAN 1947-1999
96. vi. DANIEL FOREMAN b 1950
vii. JOHN EDWARD FOREMAN
67. Robert R8 Forman (Bessie Louise7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1924 married Phyllis A Bruns born 1925.
Children of Robert Forman and Phyllis Bruns are:
97. i. JAMES ROBERT9 FORMAN b 1949
98. ii. THOMAS DANIEL FORMAN b 1951
99. iii. LINDA MARIE FORMAN b 1953
iv. WILLIAM ROBIN FORMAN b 1957 d 1994
68. Vernon8 Hull (Edith May7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1930 married Lois born 1931.
Children of Vernon Hull and Lois are:
i. CINDY9 HULL b 1955 m ERIC EARHART
ii. GARY HULL HULL b 1960 m FRAN
69. Harvey8 Hull (Edith May7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1933 married Marcia born 1933.
Children of Harvey Hull and Marcia are:
100. i. DEBRA HULL b 1954
101. ii. SONDRA HULL b 1955
102. iii. JULIA HULL b 1957
iv. DAVID HULL b 1960 m JILL b 1967
70. Harry Eugene8 Gilliat (Robert Vivian7, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1939. He married (1) Judith Baldwin born 1940. He married (2) Betty Southwood born 1938.
Children of Harry Gilliat and Judith Baldwin are:
103. i. MARK GILLIAT b 1962
104. ii. STACEY GILLIAT b 1965
71. Alice Louise8 Gilliat (Robert Vivian7, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1944. She married Joseph Renner born 1943.
Children of Alice Gilliat and Joseph Renner are:
i. MATHEW RENNER b 1974
ii. BRADLEY RENNER b 1976
72. Mary Elizabeth8 Gilliat (Robert Vivian7, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1948. She married Norman Henderson born 1939, died 2001.
Children of Mary Gilliat and Norman Henderson are:
i. RONALD HENDERSON b 1968
ii. DAVID HENDERSON b 1970
73. Sue Ellen8 Smith (Clara Christine7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1934. She married Robert Barney Hutchison born 1935.
Children of Sue Smith and Robert Hutchison are:
105. i. ROBERT ALBERT9 HUTCHISON b 1953
106. ii. MICHAEL ROGER HUTCHISON b 1955
107. iii. DONALD WAYNE HUTCHISON b 1957
iv. CHRISTINE SUE HUTCHISON 1961-1962
108. v. JEFFEREY ALLEN HUTCHISON b 1963
74. Margret Alberta8 Smith (Clara Christine7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1937. She married George Xenakis born 1928.
Children of Margret Smith and George Xenakis are:
109. i. GREGORY GEORGE9 XENAKIS b 1959
110. ii. WILLIAM GEORGE XENAKIS b 1960
iii. SUZANNE MARIA XENAKIS b 1964
75. Lloyd Henry8 Smith (Clara Christine7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1945. He married Luda Eilleen Geisel born 1945.
Children of Lloyd Smith and Luda Geisel are:
i. MARK DAVID9 SMITH b 1963
111. ii. ALICIA JOY SMITH b 1965
76. Steven Douglas8 Smith (Clara Christine7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1947. He married Mary.
Child of Steven Smith and Mary is:
i. STEVEN DOUGLAS9 SMITH b 1972
77. Ronald Edward8 Eckert (Margret Catherine7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1943. He married Sue Alice Dreyer. She was born 1949.
Child of Ronald Eckert and Sue Dreyer is:
i. SCOTT JASON9 ECKERT b 1983
78. Raymond Albin8 Eckert (Margret Catherine7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1946. He married Kristine Anne Jacobs. She was born 1947.
Children of Raymond Eckert and Kristine Jacobs are:
112. i. ZACHARY WRIGHT9 ECKERT b 1966
ii. JOSHUA RODWAY ECKERT b 1968
79. Donald Williams8 Adams (Lena Evelyn7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1935, and died 1997. He married (1) Donna. He married (2) Patrica Apple. He married (3) Judith Guenther.
Child of Donald Adams and Donna is:
113. i. DONALD WILLIAM JNR9 ADAMS b 1963
Children of Donald Adams and Patrica Apple are:
ii. TRACEY ELIZABETH9 ADAMS b 1967
iii. PATRICK DOW ADAMS b 1968
Children of Donald Adams and Judith Guenther are:
iv. NICHOLAS ROBERT9 ADAMS b 1986
v. KYLE GILLIAT ADAMS b 1986
80. Barbara Jean8 Adams (Lena Evelyn7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1936. She married (1) Thomas Hawthorne. He was born 1931. She married (2) Rodney Gordley. He was born 1925, died 1996.
Children of Barbara Adams and Thomas Hawthorne are:
114. i. JONI LYNN9 HAWTHORNE b 1959
115. ii. CAROLYN JEAN HAWTHORNE b 1959
116. iii. LISA ANN HAWTHORNE b 1960
117. iv. DAVID THOMAS HAWTHORNE b 1962
81. Jane Darlene8 Barger (Dorothy Jane7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1942. She married Robert Lee Henry. He was born 1936.
Children of Jane Barger and Robert Henry are:
i. DAVID ALAN9 HENRY b 1970
ii. KAREN LYNN HENRY b 1972
82. Bonnie Jean8 Barger (Dorothy Jane7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1949. She married William Ronald Fancher born 1936.
Child of Bonnie Barger and William Fancher is:
i. MATHEW WILLIAM9 FANCHER b 1991
83. Harrison William8 Barger (Dorothy Jane7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1950. He married (1) Mary Daniels born 1950. He married (2) Sharron Fugate born 1947.
Child of Harrison Barger and Mary Daniels is:
i. DAWN MARIE9 BARGER b 1976
84. Brian Douglas8 Barger (Dorothy Jane7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1954 married Debra Elaine Clay born 1956.
Children of Brian Barger and Debra Clay are:
i. KRYSTAL RENE9 BARGER b 1983
ii. KYLE ROBERT BARGER b 1990
85. Alfred Gordon8 Gray (Edith Agnes7 Gilliat, Alfred Gordon6, Alfred5, Caroline4, John3, William2, William1) born July 18, 1930 married Elenita Margret Heye born November 12, 1936.
Children of Alfred Gray and Elenita Heye are:
118. i. ALFRED CARL9 GRAY b May 04 1958
119. ii. MARGRET ANN GRAY b May 05 1959
86. Mary Elizabeth8 Gilliat (Alfred McDonald7, Alfred Gordon6, Alfred5, Caroline4, John3, William2, William1) born May 15, 1944 married James Edward Bridges August 12, 1967. He was born December 01, 1939.
Children of Mary Gilliat and James Bridges are:
120. i. JAMES EDWARD9 BRIDGES b March 24 1968
ii. DAVID WAYNE BRIDGES b September 19 1975 m TRACIE WALLING CHENAULT Divorced
121. iii. ELIZABETH ANN BRIDGES b April 01 1977
Generation No. 7
87. Brett Mathew9 Gilliat (David Coe8, Cyril Harold7, Eugene V6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1960 in 23 Oct County of Los Angeles, married Harmony Kay Van Tiger born 1961 19 Nov.
Child of Brett Gilliat and Harmony Van Tiger is:
i. MEGHAN ELIZABETH GILLIAT b 04/10/1988 - Los Angeles
88. Leslie Elizabeth9 Young (Marvin Richard8, Julian Gilliat7, Clara6 Gilliat, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1968. She married John Drake Martson born 1963.
Children of Leslie Young and John Martson are:
i. AMANDA ROSE10 MARTSON b 1996
ii. GRACE ELIZABETH MARTSON b 1999
89. Spencer Merle9 Smith (Merle Warren8, Ellen Julia7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1949. He married (1) Tomi Gasset. He married (2) Janet Wagner.
Children of Spencer Smith and Tomi Gasset are:
i. DARCY EDEN10 SMITH b 1978
ii. PHILIP HARRISON SMITH b 1980
90. Jesse Jerome9 Smith (Merle Warren8, Ellen Julia7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1952. He married Katherine Norman.
Children of Jesse Smith and Katherine Norman are:
i. NICHOLAS DAVID10 SMITH b 1987
ii. TRISTAN SCOTT SMITH b 1990
91. Claire Christine9 Smith (Merle Warren8, Ellen Julia7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1953. She married Richard James Norton.
Child of Claire Smith and Richard Norton is:
i. PETER BRANDON10 NORTON b 1989
92. Warren Winfield9 Smith (Merle Warren8, Ellen Julia7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1955. He married Laura Jean Parker.
Children of Warren Smith and Laura Parker are:
i. TIFFANY LEE10 SMITH b 1981
ii. DANIELLE MONIQUE SMITH b 1983
iii. STEED GARRET SMITH b 1984
iv. SEAN ZACHARY SMITH b 1989
93. Constance Ellen9 Smith (Winfield Harrison8, Ellen Julia7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1954 married Randolph Rupik.
Children of Constance Smith and Randolph Rupik are:
i. ADAM10 RUPIK b 1987
ii. JENIFER LYNN RUPIK b 1988
94. Cheryl Elizabeth9 Smith (Winfield Harrison8, Ellen Julia7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) was born 1958. She married James Rakes.
Children of Cheryl Smith and James Rakes are:
i. PATRICA LYNN10 RAKES b 1977
ii. KRISTY MARIE RAKES b 1979
iii. JAMES DANIEL RAKES b 1981
iv. STEPHANIE ELLEN RAKES b 1984
95. Gerry Ann9 Foreman (Oral O.8 Forman, Bessie Louise7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1940. She married (1) Walter Sherman. She married (2) Mac Kalb.
Children of Gerry Foreman and Walter Sherman are:
i. GARRY SHERMAN
ii. JEFFERY SHERMAN
iii. TERRY SHERMAN
Child of Gerry Foreman and Mac Kalb is:
iv. CAROL KALB10 MAC KALB
96. Daniel9 Foreman (Oral O.8 Forman, Bessie Louise7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1950. He married Maribeth Smith.
Children of Daniel Foreman and Maribeth Smith are:
122. i. BETH ANN10 FOREMAN b 1971
ii. BRETT FOREMAN b 1973
97. James Robert9 Forman (Robert R8, Bessie Louise7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1949. He married (1) Debbie Whitlock born 1951. He married (2) Barbara Bennett born 1747.
Children of James Forman and Debbie Whitlock are:
123. i. JASON10 FORMAN b 1974
ii. DARREN FORMAN b 1978 m MONICA
iii. RENEE FORMAN b 1980 m DAVID HANSON
98. Thomas Daniel9 Forman (Robert R8, Bessie Louise7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1951. He married Sally Donahey.
Child of Thomas Forman and Sally Donahey is:
i. THOMAS BENJAMIN10 FORMAN b 1975
99. Linda Marie9 Forman (Robert R8, Bessie Louise7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1953. She married Forest Wise born 1952.
Children of Linda Forman and Forest Wise are:
i. ANDREW WISE b 1979
ii. ROBIN WISE b 1982
100. Debra9 Hull (Harvey8, Edith May7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1954. She married Mathew McCarty.
Children of Debra Hull and Mathew McCarty are:
i. SCOTT MCCARTY b 1983
ii. JOHN MCCARTY b 1986
iii. KATHY MCCARTY b 1987
101. Sondra9 Hull (Harvey8, Edith May7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1955, married David Lamb
Children of Sondra Hull and David Lamb are:
i. BRITTANY LAMB b 1984
ii. CHELSEA LAMB b 1986
102. Julia9 Hull (Harvey8, Edith May7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1957. She married Jeffrey Stoller.
Children of Julia Hull and Jeffrey Stoller are:
i. RACHAEL STOLLER b 1987
ii. MEREDITH STOLLER b 1991
103. Mark9 Gilliat (Harry Eugene8, Robert Vivian7, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1962, married Margie.
Children of Mark Gilliat and Margie are:
i. ADRIAN GILLIAT b 1991
ii. LESLIE GILLIAT b 1995
104. Stacey9 Gilliat (Harry Eugene8, Robert Vivian7, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1965. She married Dimitri.
Child of Stacey Gilliat and Dimitri is:
i. ZOE DIMITRI b 1999
105. Robert Albert9 Hutchison (Sue Ellen8 Smith, Clara Christine7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1953, married (1) Rochelle Simonsons born 1952, married (2) Charlotte Mayberry born 1953, married (3) Bernadine Penix born 1963
Child of Robert Hutchison and Rochelle Simonson is:
124. i. CHRISTINE LYNN10 HUTCHISON b 1971
Child of Robert Hutchison and Charlotte Mayberry is:
ii. MOLLY CATHERINE10 HUTCHISON b 1982
Child of Robert Hutchison and Bernadine Penix is:
iii. ROBERT JOSEPH10 HUTCHISON b 1989
106. Michael Roger9 Hutchison (Sue Ellen8 Smith, Clara Christine7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1955 married (1) Karen Louise Decker born 1957. He married (2) Jacquline Doaks born 1952.
Children of Michael Hutchison and Karen Decker are:
i. SARAH MARIE10 HUTCHISON b 1976
ii. KELLEY ANN HUTCHISON b 1977
107. Donald Wayne9 Hutchison (Sue Ellen8 Smith, Clara Christine7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1957 married Constance Marie Jackson born 1956.
Children of Donald Hutchison and Constance Jackson are:
125. i. JASON ROBERT10 HUTCHISON b 1975
ii. NATHAN LEE HUTCHISON b 1979
108. Jefferey Allen9 Hutchison (Sue Ellen8 Smith, Clara Christine7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1963 married (1) Cynthia Barnes born 1963. He married (2) Cynthia Louise Cook born 1963.
Child of Jefferey Hutchison and Cynthia Barnes is:
i. ALESHIA SCARLENE10 HUTCHISON b 1983
Child of Jefferey Hutchison and Cynthia Cook is:
ii. EAN JARED10 HUTCHISON b 1989
109. Gregory George9 Xenakis (Margret Alberta8 Smith, Clara Christine7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1959, married Ramona Kathleen Delgado born 1959.
Children of Gregory Xenakis and Ramona Delgado are:
i. MICHAEL ALEXANDER10 XENAKIS b 1988
ii. JESSIE MARIE XENAKIS b 1990
110. William George9 Xenakis (Margret Alberta8 Smith, Clara Christine7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1960 married Charisse Luan Trimmer born 1962
Children of William Xenakis and Charisse Trimmer are:
i. TIMOTHY JACOB10 XENAKIS b 1990
ii. HANNAH CHRISTINE XENAKIS b 1991
iii. DAVID LLOYD XENAKIS b 1994
111. Alicia Joy9 Smith (Lloyd Henry8, Clara Christine7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1965 married Keith Alan Wolford born 1969.
Children of Alicia Smith and Keith Wolford are:
i. MICHAEL KEITH10 WOLFORD b 1996
ii. CHRISTOPHER LLOYD WOLFORD b 2000
112. Zachary Wright9 Eckert (Raymond Albin8, Margret Catherine7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1966 married Kassi Lynne Elmer born 1961.
Child of Zachary Eckert and Kassi Elmer is:
i. JOSHUA RODWAY10 ECKERT b 1968
113. Donald William Jnr9 Adams (Donald Williams8, Lena Evelyn7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1963 married Karen.
Children of Donald Adams and Karen are:
i. JUSTIN ROBERT10 ADAMS b 1987
ii. DIANE CHRISTINE ADAMS b 1989
iii. DEXTER LOGAN ADAMS b 1991
iv. KELVIN FORDRE ADAMS b 1993
v. JESSICA COLEEN ADAMS b 1994
114. Joni Lynn9 Hawthorne (Barbara Jean8 Adams, Lena Evelyn7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1959 married Raymond Reed.
Children of Joni Hawthorne and Raymond Reed are:
i. CASEY MICHELE10 REED b 1980
ii. JENIFER NICOLE REED b 1983
115. Carolyn Jean9 Hawthorne (Barbara Jean8 Adams, Lena Evelyn7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1959 married Mathew Faulkner.
Child of Carolyn Hawthorne and Mathew Faulkner is:
i. JACOB MATHEW10 FAULKNER b 1995
116. Lisa Ann9 Hawthorne (Barbara Jean8 Adams, Lena Evelyn7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1960 married Steven Haney.
Children of Lisa Hawthorne and Steven Haney are:
i. JOSHUA STEVEN JOSEPH10 HANEY b 1989
ii. CHELSEA MELISSA EVELYN HANEY b 1991
117. David Thomas9 Hawthorne (Barbara Jean8 Adams, Lena Evelyn7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1962 married Angela.
Children of David Hawthorne and Angela are:
i. DUSTIN THOMAS10 HAWTHORNE b 1991
ii. BRANDON DAVID HAWTHORNE 1993-1997
iii. ASHLEY ELIZABETH HAWTHORNE b 1983
118. Alfred Carl9 Gray (Alfred Gordon8, Edith Agnes7 Gilliat, Alfred Gordon6, Alfred5, Caroline4, John3, William2, William1) born May 04, 1958 married Stacie Irene Lehner March 24, 1986. She was born 1958.
Children of Alfred Gray and Stacie Lehner are:
i. ALFRED JAMES10 GRAY b May 06 1988
ii. SCOTT GORDON GRAY b November 26 1991
119. Margret Ann9 Gray (Alfred Gordon8, Edith Agnes7 Gilliat, Alfred Gordon6, Alfred5, Caroline4, John3, William2, William1) born May 05, 1959, married Garry Lawrence Goff February 11, 1982. He was born April 07, 1958.
Children of Margret Gray and Garry Goff are:
i. ROBERT DOUGLAS10 GOFF b May 12 1985
ii. JOHN EARLE GOFF b July 25 1986
iii. DAVID RILEY GOFF b November 06 1989
iv. MICHAEL STEPHAN GOFF b September 16 1991
120. James Edward9 Bridges (Mary Elizabeth8 Gilliat, Alfred McDonald7, Alfred Gordon6, Alfred5, Caroline4, John3, William2, William1) born March 24, 1968, married Dana Marie Dvoracek born 1970.
Children of James Bridges and Dana Dvoracek are:
i. ANDREA RENAE10 BRIDGES b November 04 1999
ii. ERICA NIVCOLE BRIDGES b November 04 1999
iii. CHRISTINA MARIE BRIDGES b November 04 1999
121. Elizabeth Ann9 Bridges (Mary Elizabeth8 Gilliat, Alfred McDonald7, Alfred Gordon6, Alfred5, Caroline4, John3, William2, William1) born April 01, 1977, married Bradley Dale Swaner, Divorced.
Child of Elizabeth Bridges and Bradley Swaner is:
i. BRADLEY ALLEN10 SWANER b October 10 1998
Generation No. 8
122. Beth Ann10 Foreman (Daniel9, Oral O.8 Forman, Bessie Louise7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1)born 1971, married Robert Boone.
Child of Beth Foreman and Robert Boone is:
i. MICHAEL BOONE b 1991
123. Jason10 Forman (James Robert9, Robert R8, Bessie Louise7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1974, married Marcie.
Child of Jason Forman and Marcie is:
i. ASHLEY FORMAN b 1999
124. Christine Lynn10 Hutchison (Robert Albert9, Sue Ellen8 Smith, Clara Christine7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1971, married Christopher Lynn Dykes born 1972.
Child of Christine Hutchison and Christopher Dykes is:
i. OLIVIA RAVEN11 DYKES b 1997
125. Jason Robert10 Hutchison (Donald Wayne9, Sue Ellen8 Smith, Clara Christine7 Gilliat, Vivian6, William Henry5, William Henry4, John3, William2, William1) born 1975, married Leslie Brooks Kinser born 1977.
Children of Jason Hutchison and Leslie Kinser are:
i. TRENT JACKSON11 HUTCHISON b 1998
ii. HALEY BROOK HUTCHISON b 2001